Fancy an exclusive experience in a vintage Land Rover to experience the south of Mauritius differently? This original experience of Heritage Nature Reserve offers a discovery tour along the scenic routes of the south-western coast of Mauritius together with a delicious picnic in a secluded spot with an expansive view of the South coast of Mauritius.
The trip includes stops at:
· The picturesque Macondé viewpoint and route, rated as one of the most beautiful roads in the world (yes, in the world!) by the Tourist Guide 'Le Petit Futé'.
· A drive through Le Morne - Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008. Le Morne is a strong cultural and patrimonial symbol for every Mauritian.
· One Eye - A legendary spot for windsurfers, which is celebrated for its powerful waves.
· Case Noyale - A small traditional village, located between Petite Rivière Noire and La Gaulette, where fishing is the main economic activity.
· Le Chamarel Panoramic Restaurant – Stop for a delightful morning coffee-break where the locally grown and roasted Chamarel Coffee is a highlight. The subtle aroma of this arabica coffee, that is artisanally roasted in Case Noyale, is accompanied by freshly prepared crepes served with a tangy chutney or locally made jam.
· ‘Pied La Fourche’– A 100-year old banyan tree that is witness to the waves of development that the region has seen in the last century.
After the stop at Le Chamarel Restaurant, Bostok will drive you through Plaines Champagne (famous for its guava trees), down the Watook Trail, through the UNESCO Biosphere reserve where you will see the most pristine and beautiful primary forest of Mauritius. The trip ends with a light gourmet picnic near the Pink Pigeon conservation station, which is protected and maintained by the Mauritius Wildlife Foundation (MWF). Before or after the picnic, a short stroll takes you to the feeder that has been setup for the Pink Pigeons where you may catch a glimpse of these endangered birds.
The picnic itself is served in a spot that enables an expansive view over the south coast of Mauritius. Some of the delicacies you can enjoy during your picnic are (just to mention a few): Sliced Smoked Salmon or Tropical Octopus salad with lime, Mango and Red Bean salad, Hunter Burgers with herbs and a selection of desserts in a 'Treasure Box' including Macarons, Grated Coconut cakes and Honey Combs.
To refresh yourself, a selection of beverages is provided: have your pick between Fresh Lemongrass tonic, fruit juices, Le Chamarel Rhum, Prosecco, Wine and water and many more! This a picnic like you have never experienced before!
This exotic “back to nature” experience will enable visitors to immerse themselves and reconnect with nature whilst spending quality time with friends or family, in the midst of the luxurious fauna and flora on the south of Mauritius.
What will also make this road trip a special one is our vintage 20-year old land rover called Bostok. Bostok will take you along the steep, winding, overgrown and most stunning pathways of this wild region of the island.
price of this excursion starts from Rs 4000 per person and requires a minimum
of 2 persons. To book your exclusive roving picnic, click on the Book Now button ☝️!